Patrick Terminals COVID-19 Update
Last Updated: 19th July 2021
Patrick Terminals continues to closely monitor developments in relation to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic and we are taking measures to help manage the risk of the spread of the virus, including full compliance with government directives. Patrick Terminals is committed to working to limit the spread of the virus.
All Terminals have in place Terminal specific COVID-19 Risk Management Plans to both manage risk and mitigate impact on operations. We will continue to update these contingency plans (where appropriate) in line with Government and subject matter expert advice as the situation unfolds. As an essential supply chain service, Patrick Terminals is subject to the full range of Government requirements relating to COVID-19. Much of the cargo that Patrick Terminals unloads is essential to keeping the wheels of the economy turning and the shelves of Australia’s stores stocked.
Patrick Terminals prides itself on providing market-leading service levels and will seek to mitigate any disruption to service levels as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Australian Government has implemented restrictions to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Non-Australian citizens and non-Australian residents are not permitted to enter Australia, via aircraft or sea vessel, unless an exemption applies.
- All Australian citizens and permanent residents are prohibited from departing Australia unless an exemption applies with the exception of travel to and from New Zealand.
- All passengers arriving in Australia will be subject to the Australian Government’s mandatory quarantine period of 14-days at their first Australian destination unless an exemption applies.
The State Governments have announced different measures for their relative states including some restrictions on entering particular states.
For specific details regarding requirements, restrictions, rules and policies affecting the maritime industry at Australian ports including shipping crews, please refer to: https://shippingaustralia.com.au/covid-19-shipping-update/
All Patrick sites have formulated workforce contingency plans to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on our staff and operations, in the event that the COVID-19 outbreak in Australia worsens.
For further information, please refer to:
- Australian Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
- Australian Government Department of Health – https://www.health.gov.au/
- Australian Government Department of Health – Coronavirus (COVID-19) current situation and case numbers – https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-current-situation-and-case-numbers
- The World Health Organisation – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
This page will be updated as further information becomes available.